Doodle Woodyette

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Another Letter for Grandma Zornes

Dear Grandma Zornes,

Today I was really, really cold, so Daddy made me some Postum. 'Cause if it tasted like Postum, it had to be Postum! Then I felt warm.

We have a new school room. Did we ever tell you that we have a new telescope? That's huge? [Ed. - From her perspective, that is.] Daddy built it, and Jelly and I took turns reading the instructions. For Dad, anyway.

When I'm finished, Momma will read my blog. We used to have the dining table as our school room, but now we have a white one. [Ed. - We bought a long folding table for the new schoolroom. It's putty colored, but that counts.]

And now we have new Dora paperdolls, but we didn't make them ourselves. The computer made them for us. Jelly cut her paperdoll's hair really short. But my doll's hair is still a bit long. Because I didn't want to cut it all the way to look like a boy. But that was, like, yesterday. When I made my doll some new shoes. Besides, I was on the computer and Jelly was making her doll the way she liked it to look.

Love,
Doodle

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Doodle,

Thank you for writing. I loved your latest post! I would sure love to see your paper dolls. Congratulations on making their shoes.

I don't think you would look like a boy no matter how short you were to cut your hair because you will always look like a beautiful little girl no matter what. So you just keep your hair the way you want it!

It seems strange to me that you were cold this morning, because I was awfully warm. We are still having very hot weather, but sometimes we get big rain storms with lots of lightning and thunder. I love those! They're very exciting.

Thanks for writing. I love you!
Grandma Zornes

Your new telescope sounds like fun, and so does your school room.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home